First of all, why cleanse your liver you say?
- Allergies (especially sudden or later in life onset)
- Anxiety, frustration, inability to function harmoniously with those around you
- Chemical and environmental sensitivities
- Chronic fatigue
- Colds and flues (the liver is responsible for immune function)
- Difficulty losing weight
- Digestive problems
- Drowsiness after eating
- Elevated cholesterol
- Foggy brain
- Gall stones
- Gallbladder disease
- Heart palpitations
- High blood pressure
- Hives, rashes
- Hyperglycemia (low blood sugar), also indicates a yeast or Candida problem
- If the liver has to work harder than normal you will experience an increase in body temperature.
- Immune system dysfunction or disorders
- Inability to handle fats without feeling nauseated or belching
- Irritable bowel syndrome (where the bowel actions are irregular varying from diarrhea to constipation during a 24 hour period)
- Kidney stones
- Lack of harmonious flow of vital energies in your body—one minute you’re bouncing off the walls, the next you’re depressed and lethargic
- Mood swings-especially involving depression and anger
- Nausea (esp. after eating fatty foods)
- Night sweats (not hot flashes, night sweats)
- PMS as well as excessive menstrual flow containing many clots of blood
- Poor concentration and memory
- Poor digestion
- Rapid pulse
- Weak tendons, ligaments, and muscles
- Weight gain especially around the abdomen
- And even more
There are 3 recipes for the essential oil liver cleanse. These recipes are only for essential oils that are 100% pure essential oils and that are safe for internal use (like doTERRA oils).
1 drop Lemon essential oil
1 drop Peppermint essential oil
1 teaspoon – 1 Tablespoon (or more) Lemon Juice
Each morning as you rise before you eat or drink anything, 20 minutes before eating.
20 ounces water (preferably spring)
Drink within a reasonable amount of time (don't chug it).
Mega Cleanse Recipe:
4 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
5 drops of Peppermint essential oil
¼ teaspoon 90 HU Cayenne powder (mild) or Chili Powder
Drink within a reasonable amount of time (DON’T CHUG THIS ONE!!) Some people report that it is a real cleanser. Go easy with this one. Take for 30 days.
Liver Cleanse "Tea":
½ fresh squeezed lemon
1 drop peppermint essential oil
1 drop lemon essential oil